Tuesday, December 2, 2014

Letter to the editor...

Contributor Dan writes, "While I realize you, as Jr. Reporter for the Conroe News Blatt, have to write reporting that sells the newspaper, notwithstanding that most people just use your newspaper as toilet paper, it has come to my attention that some of your reporting on Lefty comes from unreliable sources, including Lefty. As you know, Lefty is very sensitive about what people say about him, most of it too unprintable for pubic reading."

Editor's reply: I take outraged umbrage at your unprovoked attack on my journalistic efforts, my dear sir...As a respected member of the fourth estate, I take great pride in thoroughly vetting each story concerning Lefty...

Although almost any tale told about the miscreant lad is probably true, I always make sure I can find the same facts on at least two WalMart men's room walls before submitting a story for print...

As one Hobby Airport judge put it when asked whether he was worried about the evidence against Lefty being insufficient, "Don't worry about it, even if he didn't do it, he's bound to be guilty of something"...

Reader Dan's rebuttal: "The last time Lefty took umbrage was in his pants, and they were returned as-is from the laundry with a note in them."

Editor's scathing rebuke: That is where the term "yellow journalism" originated...


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are welcome...Malicious messages and spam attempts will be removed...Keep it clean and let's have fun...